You all have known about agenda 21, GMO foods, organic foods, and the AG business that controls most of our food supply. Here is a list of ten things about Monsanto, the company that has brought us the weed control “roundup” you might not have known.
1. Monsanto is a multi-national company, who now wants to help third world farmers.
2. Monsanto controls the patents for the following seeds products: soy, 5 types of corn, cotton, canola, sugar beets, sorghum, wheat and alfalfa at this time.
3. Monsanto has stopped most seed collections done by farmers, to protect their “patents”.
4. Monsanto has at least 75 private investigators over seeing their “patents” use and if “infringement” is being done through cross pollination.
5. Monsanto has a business group under it’s wings that supplies seeds to the home gardener called Seminis. At the time this is written the seeds are not GMO according to Monsanto.
6. Monsanto has a business group that supplies root stock, called De Ruiter. They offer tomato, egg plant, peppers and cucumbers.
7. The FDA and Washington DC is in the hip pockets of big AG, including Monsanto.
8. Food libel laws protect big AG companies from journalists publishing defaming articles even if they are backed by scientific research.
9. The “Monsanto protection act” projects GMO seeds from federal justices if the seeds can be proven to have caused health concerns.
10. The sponsor of this bill was Republican but President Obama signed The rider that was initially placed in H.R. 5973: Agriculture Appropriations Bill, Section 733 in 2012 into law on March 26, 2013.